A collection of resources noted in PlaneViz blog posts, podcasts, or otherwise useful or interesting.
- Airline-History – Site featuring a collection of historical information, photos and videos of past and current airlines.
- Angel Flight Southeast – Provides free medical and mercy flights to those need.
- Braniff Pages – A site devoted to Braniff International, which rivaled (bested?) Northeast when it came a distinctive livery.
- Fear of Landing – Author Sylvia Wrigley’s aviation site featuring interesting content including accident/incident investigation.
- Flighttime Radio – Weekly aviation radio program broadcast each Saturday. Call in and be heard world-wide.
- Fly The Widget – Perry De Vlugt’s amazing collection of Delta Airlines memorabilia. We’re talking more than a mere shoe box!
- GliderSource – Bill Palmer’s free soaring classifieds for everything soaring related.
- H.A.R.P. Historical Aircraft Restoration Project – A working aircraft restoration facility and museum located at the former Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY.
- OpenAirplane – Makes renting airplanes as easy as renting a car. One check-ride enables you to use you pilot privileges nationwide.
- The Aviation Writer – Aviation website with interesting and often unique stories.
- vREF – Aircraft valuation service for brokers, dealers, financial institutions, and individuals.
- Flight for Control – Your life is in your pilot’s hands. Do you know who’s flying your plane? A novel by airline pilot Karlene Petitt. Great read, loved it!
- Understanding Air France 447 -Written by A330 pilot Bill Palmer, there are important lessons to be learned from this accident for everyone that flies with an autopilot. This book will help you learn them.
- Why Planes Crash: 2001 – Understanding modern aviation disasters. A look at selected crashes that occurred in 2001. A captivating read for all and valuable lessons for pilots by Sylvia Wrigley.
- You Fly Like a Woman – Rave reviews. The story of one woman’s search for confidence as she stumbles into a man’s world. Also by Sylvia Wrigley.
- 60s Airline Antiques – A collection of memories mostly from the 1960s, the golden era of the airline business
- Airlines-Airliners – Site with an outstanding collection of high quality photos featuring defunct airlines and the planes they flew as well as retired classics from existing airlines.